A strong and exciting cross-industry cluster in Norway.
VIKEN Technology Cluster 4.0 is a cross-industry knowledge and innovation cluster. Our members are large industrial companies, small and medium-sized supplier companies (SMEs), entrepreneurs, higher education centers such as Østfold University College and NMBU, and financial institutions whose geographical focus is the east Viken area. Member companies have more than 3,800 employees combined and are primarily involved in developing machine and equipment solutions for offshore and land-based industries. 60-80 member companies and others regularly attend the cluster meetings to discuss new markets and technology, contribute to knowledge sharing, and initiate research and development projects.
Norway's leading arena for SMART industrial production, logistics, and export.
Create new ecosystems for SMART production and export, competence-sharing, innovation-driven collaboration, development, and technology.
Increased innovation, competitiveness, restructuring, and sustainable value creation in member companies with a goal of 10% increased revenue, or 7% better than competing companies outside the cluster based on new products and digital production processes.
- Increase members' financial strength, competitiveness, competency, and ability to innovate
- Increase employment at member companies as result of new products and services
- Significantly reduce member companies' environmental impact, transport, and production costs
- Strengthen and concretize cluster's offering to start-up companies and SMEs and expand services offered
- Strengthen member companies' international position and opportunities with focus on research, development, innovation, entrepreneurship, and international cooperation
Markets of the future
- New business models
- New technologies and expertise
- Increased exports
- Communication and marketing
New value chains - innovation and growth
- Rapid prototyping
- New business models and R&D and I's
- Service development
- Lean Startup
- Digital production analysis
- Production and AI
- Robotization and automation
- VIKEN Academy
- Collaboration and coordination
- Supply chain analytics
- Sustainable logistics solutions
Research and innovation
Research and innovation are critical for increased sustainable growth, restructuring, and exports. We advise and assist in setting up research and innovation projects.
Our digital analysis model uses methodology developed by Fraunhofer IGCV in Germany. An analysis identifies production optimization potential and acts as a catalyst for companies' R&D and Innovation projects.
We collaborate with higher education centers and academia to develop relevant constant education programs and competency enhancement activities for our partners.
In collaboration with Eik Lab, we carry out innovation processes covering: Prototyping • Programming • Simulation and market analysis • Electronics • Design • 3D Drawing
Interdisciplinary workgroups and professional forums
The cluster organizes meeting arenas for project development work, competence-sharing workgroups, and professional forums.
One of the cluster's objectives is to open doors to new markets and increase sustainable exports from Norway. Our international network of clusters and partners helps us identify and develop new offerings and services.